Friday, January 9, 2009

Introduction

In the Fall of 2008 a major donor to charity: water mentioned that he wanted to take his nine year-old daughter on a trip to Africa. I offered to join them along with my nine-year old daughter, Julia. As so often happens with Scott Harrison, the founder of charity: water, the plan got bigger. Within a few weeks we were looking at a trip with five girls and their five fathers. Unfortunately, the original donor had to drop out of the trip and I added my older daughter, Katie. So now five girls, four dads and Scott are heading off to Ethiopia next week. We've armed the girls with four Flip cameras so they can tell us about themselves, can share their journey and can share the stories of the people they meet.

As you might expect internet access is pretty limited in rural Ethiopia, so I'll do my best to keep this updated. Thanks for reading.

- Shawn

1 comment:

  1. Shawn,

    Thanks for explaining how the four fathers/five daughters came about. I think you all will go down in history as the first themed charity:water trip to Africa!

    Joan Harrison

    ReplyDelete