Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I LOVE ETHOPIA

Hey it is Rick –

I will let Campbell tell you the story of today and the challenges we faced but by tonight we were back with the living and giving it our best. The Country is so amazing and I can’t wait for you all to see the pictures, the land the poverty and the need and need being met ever today!

Campbell –

My first day was unforgettable. I was at a presentation and I had some orange crush soda. This will come back later I promise. I saw presentations of hand dug wells and at the end I really had to go to the bathroom – however not only did this bathroom not have TP like the others I was locked in yelling for help. Help came, but my trouble was just beginning. After that we rode up the mountain to see another well (about a 2 hour drive) on the way up, I didn’t feel so good. When we got to the celebration, I threw up! NOT FUN in front of all those people. I felt a little better and went to the well ceremony for a while but that did not last long. I was sick for about 2-4 hours and my Dad came back with my I LOVE ETHOPIA scarf they presented. I felt a little better but not much. We decided to travel back to our hotel early. I took a bath (which I really needed) and then went to bed for a while. When I got up we went to dinner and I felt much better. That was the worst first day so it has to get better!

More to come - Campbell

1 comment:

  1. Dear Campbell,

    This is Scott's mother. I am enjoying your posts.

    I think first days like the one you had there in Ethiopia might be what made Shakespeare write All's Well That Ends Well.

    ReplyDelete