Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is a trip of a lifetime, I will never forget it.

Today was a unbelievable, full of surprises day…

We traveled for three hours in the car. I felt great, it was so beautiful, with giant mountains.

“We are here.” About 500 people we saw dancing! I felt a little nervous, I didn’t know what to expect. When I walked out of the car everyone was cheering. They danced and sang for 10 minutes. There was so many children. No one spoke both languages except translators. Men and women talked and said thank you in there own way. Everyone was so grateful, they were all so friendly. The people that spoke invited us to see there school. Before we left Scott cut the ribbon to the new well. I got to pump it. I danced in a circle with the other Ethiopian children. I felt more relaxed, but not completely calm.

We went to a well that was being built. Julia got to put two wires together and made a little bomb so that the well could get deeper. I felt a little nervous, I still wasn’t used to being here it was something I would never forget.

We visited a school. It was so poor… It was very sad… It made me think how fortunate I am. Most classrooms didn’t have desks, They sat on rocks instead. There was a chalkboard with holes in it…

I went to the library there was about 20 books. Some were story books, but lots of them were about HIV-AIDS.

There were some many animals everywhere, Cows, Goats, and Donkeys.

And I say again this is a trip of a lifetime, I will never forget it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carley
    This is a wonderful experience, bringing clean, fresh water to people who needed it but didn't have it. We read your blog and were impressed with what you said. We are very proud of you.
    Janie, Sara, Hollie and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete